My Go-To Daily Keto-tastic Menu.

Hey all! Welcome to Monday! I’m off to a slow start but a good one none the less. Today I’m going to tell you about what I eat in a day, on keto. If that wasn’t already obvious from the title…. Anyway I’m sure some are curious about this keto lifestyle and what it means for your taste buds. Well I’m here to tell you it’s a party for your mouth. Having a diet high in fat means that its also high in flavor. True you really don’t eat as much when you’re fat adapted, but what you do eat is delicious. Alright lets get started.

So of course I start with my coffee. Yum! And with my coffee I have scrambled eggs with spinach. I start with a couple handfuls of fresh put into a hot pan. I don’t use any oil or butter in the pan at this point because the spinach doesn’t need it. While that’s cooking I mix up two large eggs. After the spinach cooks down it usually ends up being about one ounce. I prefer to mix the spinach into the eggs before adding it all to the pan. Before adding the spinach/ egg mixture I put one tablespoon of butter into the pan. When that’s melted I add the eggs and cook it all up. They didn’t come out super pretty, so sorry, the butter browned on me before I got the eggs in the pan. Crazy kids…There’s breakfast, so tasty! The breakdown of this breakfast, coffee included: 474 Calories, 1g Net Carbs, 47g Fat, 14g Protein.
Scrambled Eggs with Spinach

Onto Lunch normally I don’t need a snack between breakfast and lunch I just
Pulled Pork Mess Bowl
drink lots of water. My favorite lunch as of late is a mess bowl. I call it that because the first time I made it I just threw things I had into a bowl. Well it ended up being so tasty I’m having it for the second week in a row. Though I don’t think I’ll do it a third because I know there’s better lower calorie options. I found pre made uncured pulled pork at Walmart and I thought how perfect! This will simplify meal prep a whole lot, it has 5 servings per pack and 0 Carbs in a serving. I’m thinking next ill try some seasoned chicken or turkey. Anyway a serving is 3 ounces of pork. To that I add 2 ounces of steamed broccoli and .5 ounce of shredded cheddar cheese. I warm it all up in the microwave then its pulled pork deliciousness ready to go in about a minute to a minute and a half. Meal prep is so amazing. The breakdown for Lunch is: 219 Calories, 2g Net Carbs, 11g Fat, 24g Protein.


Most afternoons I have another coffee, though my afternoon coffee is different than my morning coffee its still delicious frothy and a helpful fat boost. Which also means energy boost. Usually for my afternoon coffee I use a single cup pour over filter, it’s a bit faster then the French press and still tasty. Occasionally I will use, instant espresso, but its hard to find so I don’t use it all the time. The breakdown for my afternoon coffee/snack: 209 Calories, 0 Carbs, 24g Fat, 0 Protein.

So I am very happy to share this dinner with you as its one of my absolute favorites. It was burger night at the Harris household, which meant bacon and blue cheese burger for me. This is so tasty. I do usually buy the premade non-frozen burger patties because they keep their shape much better than my attempts.  Maybe if I had a fancy burger press it’d be different. Anyway I cook my burger medium well. I haven’t tried any of the low carb hamburger buns yet. Instead I put .5ounce of fresh spinach on my plate then the burger, then blue cheese dressing (2 tablespoons is a serving), and one slice of bacon crumbled on top. I usually also have another slice of bacon on the side. Because well its bacon. This may not seem like a big dinner but its actually quite filling. The breakdown for dinner is: 403 Calories, 2g Net Carbs, 32g Fat, 25g Protein.

        Well there it is my go to daily menu on the keto diet. My overall breakdown for the day is: 1309 Calories, 6g Net Carbs, 114g Fat, 64g Protein. Percent’s being: 70% Fat, 20% Protein, 2% Carbs. This is actually a pretty spot on day of keto. Of course there are some slight differences day to day. Sometimes ill change my afternoon coffee to lower the fat so I can have an ounce of cheese snack or I’ll lower my dinner protein so I can have a small bowl of pork rinds and an evening show with my hubby. As with any way of eating it takes some adjustment until you can find out what works for you. At first it will probably be quite different, until your body is more used to burning fat.
What do you guys think? Does this sound tasty to you? Any other Keto-ers out there how does your daily menu differ? Please let me know what you think and don’t forget to hit the follow button! See you guys Wednesday!

Comments

Popular Posts