Keto Crackers and Artichoke Dip

Here we are at Wednesday, half way there but still a couple days to go. I’ve got a tasty recipe to share with you today. Hopefully it will help enjoy the rest of the week or give you something to look forward to for the weekend. I made this artichoke dip and cracker combo for Memorial Day and it was extremely tasty. Also quite filling. Importantly, to me, it’s also Keto friendly! Which made it extra wonderful as there was something I could really enjoy at the cookout. I definitely plan on making this again for future cookouts and in smaller batches when I need a tasty treat. As far as the crackers I was so happily surprised! I used almond flour and the slight nutty tasty was a great addition, to the overall flavor.

The dip is quicker so lets do that first. There are only three main ingredients. I love simple recipes I find they are usually delicious and very easily customizable. In the dip there is mayo, a can of artichokes and cheese. Super simple right?! As for the cheese I used a mix of Colby and shredded parmesan and the flavor was absolute spot on. Though I definitely think if you like a little bit spice you could use pepper jack and Parmesan and maybe add a few chopped jalapenos to the mix. To be honest I’m a bit of a baby when it comes to spicy food, but that way sounds good to me.

It’s super simple to throw this dip together you simply mix all the ingredients, then pour it into a baking dish and bake at 350, for 30- 45 mins. The top should be light brown when done. It will look a little greasy when it’s done and that’s completely normal. Alright so what you need is: 8oz Mayonnaise, 8oz can of artichokes, 8oz of Cheese, 1 tsp Garlic powder ½ tsp Onion Powder. For mine I did a combo of 5oz shredded Colby and 3oz shredded Parmesan. There’s no need to add salt because the cheese is salty enough. If you like black pepper that would be a good addition.
Mixed and ready for the oven.

Now for the crackers. This was my first attempt at crackers, so I may do another post with another cracker recipe but I still found this one to be rather tasty. For the crackers you need: 1 ¾ cups of Almond flour, 2 tbs Milled flax seed, 1tsp garlic powder, ½ tbs salt, and 1 large egg, also extra salt to sprinkle on the top before baking. The oven should be at 350.  First mix together everything but the flour. Once fully combined you can add the flour and stir until a cohesive dough forms. Once it’s a dough it’s easiest to put it between two sheets of parchment to roll it out. You want to get it really thin, about 1/8th of an inch thick. When its fully rolled out the dough should measure approximately 10” x 12” or larger. After removing the top parchment use a knife or pizza cutter make 1” squares. Then they’re ready for the oven. Just move them parchment and all to a baking sheet. Sprinkle the top with salt then stick them in the oven.
Everything but the Flour.

Dough Ball

All rolled out.

The crackers take 10-20 minutes to bake. The outside edge will cook faster so after 10 mins be sure to check and if the edge has started to brown remove the browned rows, and return the rest to the oven. Then check every 5 minutes ,r so to remove browned crackers. Let them cool completely, then store in an airtight container, or baggie. These crackers hold up very well to dip and keep about a week (if they last that long!)

        There it is! I hope you get a chance to try this and please let me know what you think! Are there more recipes you’d like to see? Different crackers perhaps? I’m always open to suggestions! I hope you have a great day full of sunshine and smiles. Don’t forget to follow and as always Live Crazed!
Artichoke Dip
Crackers

Comments

Popular Posts